Welcome to the Lishko Lab!
Our goals are to
- Improve human reproductive health
- Understand the basic molecular mechanisms underlying the physiology of mammalian fertilization
- The physiology of sperm ion channels
- Macromolecules essential for proper ion homeostasis
- Signal transduction.
We aim to
- Develop safe unisex contraceptives
- Create much needed diagnostic tests for male fertility
June 27, 2018
"Cytoplasmic volume dependent regulation of microtubule dynamics"
Dr. Ana Milunović-Jevtić from University of Wyoming gives a talk about regulation of microtubule dynamics.
February 22, 2018
"Purinergic signaling pathways in testis"
Dr. Marc Spehr from Aachen University gives a talk about purinergic signaling during spermatogenesis and establishment of a novel seminiferous tubule slice preparation.
January 25, 2018
Principle Investigaor Polina Lishko gave a tenure talk in 100 Genetics & Plant Biology Building about her research and recent work on unconventional lipid signaling and sperm ion channels.